We got nominated for the Liebster award 2016! Not even once but twice!
For those who are not familiar with the award, here is a short explanation. The Liebster award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. The goal is to discover other new blogs. And I must say, it is a really nice initiative! We already got in contact to great blogs and the persons behind them. We’ve listed the exact guidelines of the award at the bottom of this post.
We got nominated by Stephanie Reeder from The Coen & Beau Show and by Andrea from Alles unter einen Hut.
Stephanie and Andrea are just like us mom bloggers who write about their daily life with their children and all the struggle and joy that comes with it.
One of the rules of participating is to answer the questions they sent us. So here we go.
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Doris: I love blogging because it does bring moms from all around the world together and it gives the possibility to share positive and even negative things about motherhood. Furthermore you get inspiration for all kind of things.
2. Who is your favourite Blogger to follow?
Doris: The first blog I really started following was Cupcakes&Cashmere. It has for me simply the right mixture of Motherhood, Fashion, DIY and Lifestyle. And for sure I am also talking for Pauline here.
3. What clothing store do you love most (for kids or ladies)?
Pauline: That’s a tough one. There are quite a few stores I like. But I must admit that when I enter Zara I never leave with empty hands.
4. Where have you vacationed to that you would love to visit again?
Doris: One of my favourite vacations up to now was in Tuscany. Italy is so close to Munich and I hardly visit the country. So in 2012 we went there to a small place where we had an apartment for ourselves with a pool in the middle of the countryside. We enjoyed wine, pasta and just being the two of us. We definitely want to go back soon.
5. What is your favourite way to live healthy?
Pauline: I’m trying to take care of what I’m eating. Less sugar, more vegetables and fruits, cutting down on processed food, drinking more water, opting for organic food… It’s not always that easy, I’m also a sinner. But you really feel the benefit for your body like having more energy.
6. If you could meet anyone famous (alive or dead) who would it be?
Pauline: Coco Chanel. It might be an easy answer but im really fascinated about how she changed fashion for women in that area. Nowadays the brand is still very inspiring and has a big influence on fashion today.
7. Favourite color?
Doris: There are loads of colours I like but one of them is definitely grey. It is kind of neutral in terms of gender and it simply goes with anything. C´s baby room is grey/pink and my favourite outfit consists of different shades of grey.
8. What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
Pauline: Maybe my enthusiasm. It’s something I hear a lot from people and I’ve always seen it as a compliment. Probably because it’s something I value in other people as well.
9. Your dream job?
Pauline: Doing something you like and be passionate about it, is for me a dream job. When I think about it that way, my dream job would be to open my own bakery/catering. I enjoy making pastries and cakes, and you do get a lot of contact with different people which you can make happy.
10. If you had an extra $100,000 dollars what would you do with it?
Pauline: I think I would go for a holiday with my family. Probably splurge some on shoes and clothes. And donate an extra sum to the Learn Foundation.
11. What is your favourite quote & why?
Doris: “But first, coffee!”, really is my mantra. I can be tired as hell but if there is a Latte Macchiato waiting for me, it does make my day. And if you want to do me a real big favour put some caramel flavour in it.
We nominate the lovely Verena from So Schnell Gross, Sarah from &einepriseliebe and Jaclyn De Muro. Definitely check out there blogs, specially if you wanna know their answers at the following questions!
- What is your favourite blogpost you did on your blog?
- What was the first thing you bought for your (first) baby?
- What is the reason you start blogging?
- What are the things you like most about being a mom?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your perfect pizza?
- Best serie ever?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- Your favourite clothing piece?
- You never leave your home without?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Here are the guidelines for taking part at the Liebster Award:
1. Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
4. Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers who you think deserve this award.
5. Come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
6. List these guidelines in your blog post